I realize this is Thanksgiving week and there are a lot of grandmas out there who need some 28″ Barbie clothing in a hurry, so I’m sharing this pattern for you, in its unfinished state. I’m planning to do more work on it later.
Here is a dress I made from this draft back in 2018. I think I used the skirt that comes with the strapless bodice. I didn’t mark how long I cut the sleeve.
Here’s the file. <– THIS IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK
(Mar 2021) Okay, I made up a test from the current version of the pdf. This is with the long sleeves and using the skirt from the strapless dress pattern. The skirt from the strapless dress sets in to this bodice exactly, so for the black and plaid version I must have cut it a fair bit wider in order to gather.
I cut on the line for “optional lower neckline” and added a neck facing.
1/4″ seam allowances are added whether I mark them on the pattern or not. Stitch the facing with 1/4′, clip, turn, and topstitch.
Notice that 1/4″ is narrower than the presser foot. I have a black line drawn on mine to remind me. Stitch up darts by lining them up and then get a good eyeball of where the line will end. Try to stitch straight 🙂
Gather top of sleeve cap and attach the sleeve, then stitch up the side seams. Then attach the skirt. I gathered it and then had to ungather, because there just wasn’t enough fabric. Definitely going to add more width to the skirt on the next test version.